So it’s day 1 of the #AprilBlogADay challenge. What to write? I pondered it this morning but only came up with a few false starts. It’s only when I got home after school that it came to me. I could write about my day!
Today is Friday, April 1st, 2016. Instead of heading to my own school I headed over to our sister campus. Today our Academic Integration team was going to work on curriculum together. Not the most exciting prospect but the company would be grand. I am one of the fortunate ones that is blessed to work with wonderful people.
Upon arriving and settling in it was quickly realized that none of us was in the right frame of mind to be writing curriculum.
So what did we do?
This is what we did:
- spent time teaching each other how to make lists and how to follow other people’s lists on twitter
- spent time teaching each other the most effective ways to use tweetdeck during a twitter chat and how to set up columns
- talked about the collaborative efforts that were occurring on each of our respective campuses
- talked about ideas we had for upcoming endeavors
- helped a colleague brainstorm ideas for an upcoming conference
- babysat a puppy (way too cute she was!!)
- spent time teaching each other about voxer then practiced voxing
- watched and gave feedback to a team of 3 young gentlemen who had created a video game and were presenting it at an upcoming competition
- watched and gave feedback to an amazing young lady who had designed an entire advertising campaign for a restaurant and had to present it at an upcoming competition
- and so much more!
So did we accomplish what we had originally set out to do? The answer is no. But what we did accomplish was so much more valuable. We bonded, collaborated, helped a colleague, helped students and helped each other.